Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Big Boy


               One of my family’s favorite places to go for a quick, inexpensive meal is Big Boy. It’s right near our house, and we’ve been going there for years. My grandpa used to own a Big Boy and my dad used to work there when he was younger, so Big Boy and my family have a history.
                I love that Big Boy has so many different options to choose from. Of course, I have my favorites. First of all, I love the Classic Big Boy burger. On it there are “two fresh seasoned patties with American cheese, shredded lettuce and our famous Big Boy special sauce on a sesame seed bun”. I absolutely love the Big Boy burger. Sometimes, I order the “Big Boy combination”, so I get fries and a salad or coleslaw. From Big Boy, I also like the “Triple-Decker Turkey Club”.
I love Big Boy’s pancakes, which they call “Hot Cakes”. The pancakes are huge! I never can finish them. I’m one of those people that like breakfast for dinner sometimes, so I’ll order the hot cakes for dinner because Big Boy serves breakfast all day. The French toast at Big Boy is also great. They also have a breakfast buffet in the morning for all you breakfast lovers too.
                My family all has their favorites too. My dad loves the spaghetti, which is “endless”. You can basically get as much as you want. My mom sometimes orders the “Slim Jim”, the reuben, or the Big Boy burger. My brother likes to order the fish and chips or the turkey club sandwich.
                Just a little overview of everything Big Boy has: For breakfast, there are omelettes, Belgian waffles, cinnamon apple hot cakes, waffles and hot cakes topped with fruit, eggs, and a “build your own blockbuster breakfast”. Then there are the sandwiches and burgers. I’ve already covered my family and my favorites, so then there’s the different varieties of the Slim Jim, the BBQ pulled pork sandwich, the different varieties of the Big Boy burger (the Classic, the California, the Ohio, and the Super), and the different burgers (BBQ bacon cheeseburger, the “Kitchen Sink” “Bob’s Cheddar Steakhouse”, and the “Build Your Own”). There’s the “Homestyle Dinners”: pot roast, slow-roasted turkey breast, veal or chicken parmigiana, lemon pepper cod, fried shrimp, and so many others.
                Big Boy has great desserts! There’s the Oreo mud pie (cookies ‘n cream ice cream in an Oreo pie crust topped with hot fudge and whipped cream), the hot fudge cake (a piece of chocolate cake topped with ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream), and the shakes and malts. Big Boy has some of the best chocolate shakes and chocolate malts that I’ve ever had.
                Big Boy has about 60 restaurants in southeast Michigan, about 98 restaurants in Michigan, 14 in Ohio, 1 in Indiana, 1 in North Dakota, and 13 in southern California. Obviously, Big Boy is a Michigan thing. A southeastern Michigan thing.
                Big Boy is a great place for a quick, inexpensive, family meal. Breakfast, lunch, dinner- Big Boy’s got it.      
Photo from: http://www.bigboy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment