Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Carrabba's


                This past weekend I went with my family to Carrabba’s. Once again, this is one of my favorite restaurants. I love Italian food, and this is one of my favorite Italian restaurants. Carrabba’s has excellent food that is nicely presented, a very friendly and helpful wait staff, and a warm atmosphere.
                When you first walk into the place, you are immediately greeted by the wonderful aromas of the food being cooked, and you can see straight into the open kitchen where the cooks are hard at work. (You can also sit at the “Pizza Bar” where you can watch the cooks making pizzas.) Carrabba’s is an inviting restaurant that provides a great dining experience.
                Your waiter first brings your table a loaf of bread that is freshly baked from the oven. It is warm and soft and served with an herb oil to dip your piece of bread in. The herb oil contains a mix of crushed herbs and spices mixed with olive oil. This bread is so good, and the oil and herb/spice mix has a little spicy kick to it.
                With my meal came the choice of soup or salad, which I ordered the Caesar salad, which was also very good.  
                I usually order the lasagna (which is my favorite food, besides anything chocolate), which is amazing, but this time I ordered the manicotti. The manicotti consists of two large pasta “tubes” stuffed with four different cheeses, and topped with pomodoro sauce (a type of Italian tomato sauce) and mozzarella cheese. Almost like two big raviolis. And it was so good! I would definitely recommend it. But unfortunately, I had filled up so much on the bread that I could not eat my whole meal. Bad, I know. But the good thing is, I had leftovers for the next day!
                Just a few other “bites” of info: Like I said before, I usually get the lasagna, which I also recommend. Filled with meat and cheeses, topped with pomodoro sauce and parmesan cheese, it is definitely delicious. My brother and my dad ordered the chicken marsala (which is available in two sizes), which they seemed to enjoy since they order it every time. My mom ordered the chicken bryan, which is also available in two sizes. The chicken bryan is topped with goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, and a basil lemon butter sauce. She also seemed to enjoy her meal since she has ordered it before. Also, all of these meals came with the choice of a soup or salad, and then the choice of another side.
                In the past, my brother has also ordered the pizza which is made in an open, wood-fired grill. This has also been one of my brother’s favorite things to order at Carrabba’s.
                Carrabba’s offers a wide range of Italian food, from many appetizers, to soups and salads, to pizza, to paninis, to chicken and fish, to many types of pastas. All delicious.
                Carrabba’s is definitely one of my favorite restaurants. In the top 10 list for sure. It has more of an “Italian feeling” than other Italian restaurants I’ve been to, if that makes sense. Go there if you’re craving Italian food!         

photo from: http://www.carrabbas.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment