Thursday, January 12, 2012

Max and Erma's

               So starting off my reviews, I’m going with Max and Erma’s. I went there recently with my family, and I am no stranger to the place. And I must admit, it is one of my favorites. Why? The food is amazing, the staff is very friendly, and the prices are reasonable.
                Max and Erma's has a variety of options to choose from, ranging from a bunch of different appetizers, a variety of salads, soups, many different burgers and sandwiches, and a bunch of entrees. Did I mention their desserts? I will definitely get to that!
                I am a big fan of cheeseburgers, so that was my meal that evening. Except I didn’t just have a cheeseburger. I ordered the “3 Course Combo”. That included a cup of their tortilla soup (or side salad), a burger, and a cookie for dessert (don’t worry, I’ll get to those cookies!). All this for only about $8!
                If you like spicy foods, order the tortilla soup! It is a cheesy soup with pieces of chicken, topped with strips of tortillas. And it is spicy! But it is delicious! It is one of my favorite things at Max and Erma’s.
                Their burgers are some of the best I’ve ever had. They are big, juicy, and made to order. So filling too. You are almost too full for the cookie at the end. Almost.
                The chocolate chip cookies at Max and Erma’s are to die for! From my order of the “3 Course Combo”, I got one cookie at the end of my meal, but that was not enough for me. My family ordered a batch of the cookies, which are made to order. (Make sure you order them when you get your meal so they will be ready when you finish eating.) An order of cookies is a half-dozen and is about $6. They also offer white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, but I always go with chocolate chip. So anyways, the cookies arrive at your table fresh from the oven. They are hot, gooey, and rich. There is no shortage of chocolate chips in each cookie- I guarantee you will have melted chocolate all over your fingers! P.S.- If you go on a Wednesday and order an entree, you get a FREE order of cookies! Um, hello? How could you pass up that deal?!
                Just a few other “bites” of info: While I ordered the “3 Course Combo”, my parents both ordered the “Perfect Pair: Pick Two” deal. What that means is that they were able to order a half of a sandwich with a bowl of soup or salad for about $8. They both went with the chicken salad croissant and the “Village Salad”. The “Village Salad” is made with a sweet and tangy dressing, with bacon, bleu cheese, almonds, tomatoes, and red onions. They both seemed to love their meals. Also, my brother ordered the fajitas, which he too seemed to really enjoy. Max and Erma’s also has a “Sundae Bar”. I watched both kids and adults march up to the “Sundae Bar” (which humorously looks like a bathtub) with their bowls of ice cream and put absolutely whatever toppings they wanted on top. Making an ice cream sundae is something pretty much everyone likes to do, so Max and Erma’s “Sundae Bar” is a brilliant idea. (Can you tell I have a major sweet tooth?!)
                Max and Erma’s goes on my top 10 list of my favorite restaurants. If you go, you MUST order a bowl of the tortilla soup and an order of the chocolate chip cookies. You will not regret it.
photo from http://www.shoppartridgecreek.com/directory/max_and_ermas

No comments:

Post a Comment