Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What Crepe?

              Oh my gosh! Why had I never tried crepes before? I was surely missing out until I went to What Crepe? in downtown Royal Oak with a few friends for brunch. And, wow, am I glad I went! What Crepe? is a cozy little restaurant specializing in, you guessed it, crepes. The restaurant was so cute, and it was also sophisticated and intimate. A perfect place to go for a date night. And the crepes were so good!
                What I loved about What Crepe? is that you could choose from the crepe favorites or you could build your own. They offer what they call “Savory Favorites”, which are meat and/or vegetable filled crepes, and “Sweet Favorites”, which are fruit and/or ice cream filled crepes. (They give their “Favorites” really fun names, by the way. For example: “Nutty Monkey”, “The Obvious”, “Berry Cooper”, “Want Smore?”, etc.) Since I have a sweet tooth, I went with a sweet crepe, but I built my own. When you build your own crepe, you can put whatever you want in it and top it with whatever you want. So you could go for a meat filled crepe, cheese filled crepe, or veggie filled crepe. (They also offer vegan options.) Or, if you are like me and that does not sound appetizing to you, you could go with a fruit filled crepe, topped with all kinds of sweet goodies, like nutella, chocolate, caramel, sugar, and more. My crepe was filled with caramelized apples, strawberries, and blueberries, topped with cinnamon sugar, graham crackers, and powdered sugar. It was so sweet that it was like candy. And it was so filling that I couldn’t finish it. Can you say, “dessert for later”?
                I loved What Crepe? and I can’t wait to go back. I am craving another delicious crepe.

Photo from: http://whatcrepe.com/info.php

No comments:

Post a Comment