Thursday, February 9, 2012

Outback Steakhouse


           Outback Steakhouse. This has been one of my favorite restaurants for as long as I can remember. I’m a steak and potatoes kind of girl, so I absolutely love a good steakhouse restaurant. And Outback is exactly that.
I went there recently with my family, and we all enjoyed our meal. What I love about Outback is its Australian theme. I would love to visit Australia someday, so being in a restaurant that incorporates that theme is as close as I can get to the real thing at the moment.
Anyways, first of all, we ordered an appetizer to start. My family ordered the coconut shrimp, which, according to their menu, the shrimp is “dipped in beer batter, rolled in coconut and fried golden, [and is] paired with Creole marmalade”. I am not a seafood fan, so I didn’t try the coconut shrimp, but my family absolutely loved it. My mom sometimes orders it as her dinner.
                Our waiter also brought to our table a warm, freshly baked loaf of bread. It is dark bread, and when the butter melts on it, it is so good. I love it, and sometimes I fill up too much on it (oops!).
                I ordered the Outback Special, a steak that is “seasoned with savory spices and seared on a red hot grill to lock in the juicy flavor”. The menu’s description isn’t kidding. The steak is juicy and has the right amount of seasoning. With my steak, I chose a baked potato. Their baked potatoes are unlike any other baked potatoes I’ve had.
                With my steak came the choice of soup or salad and one side. Here’s my only complaint: Outback’s salads used to be big and full of lettuce. This time, the salad was smaller, and it seemed to be less of a salad and more of a veggie bowl. Meaning- less lettuce, more onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. Don’t get me wrong, I know many people enjoy this, but I’d like a little more lettuce in my salad. But other than that, I really enjoyed my meal.
                Just a few other “bites” of info: My brother ordered the Norwegian salmon, which was “seasoned and wood-fire grilled” and came with mixed veggies. It also came with a choice of soup or salad. My brother seemed to really enjoy the salmon, and he has ordered it many times in the past. My dad ordered the teriyaki filet medallions, which were “wood-fire grilled teriyaki marinated filet, onions, red and green peppers”. His meal also came with the choice of soup or salad and one side. My dad usually orders something different every time, and he really seemed to enjoy this too. My mom ordered the tilapia, which was “crowned with crab stuffing, pure lump crab meat and sliced mushrooms, finished with a drizzle of light lemon butter Chablis sauce”. It also came with mixed veggies. She usually orders the tilapia whenever we go to Outback, so she really enjoys it.
                Outback is a great restaurant. It’s on my top ten list of my favorites. Love it!

Photo from: http://www.outback.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment